Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 2

Today's positive affirmation (I'm trying new phrases until I figure out exactly what I am doing here) comes from what I assume will be a typical topic...work.  I think most of my negativity is actually caused by work be it directly or indirectly so I anticipate many of my posts will be regarding a work situation.

That being said I don't want to use up the "easy answers" on days where I can find another positive aspect.  Today started out typical with customers in general just have a rude attitude from the moment I picked up the phone.  By 9 am I had been hung up on twice and been called "you people" which just makes my skin crawl.  Then I have a customer that made my day.  Not only were she and her husband nice but before they left she insisted on hugging me.  So here is what I learned today.

The one stranger that gives you a hug and appreciates the job you do needs to mean so much more than the 100 rotten ones that want to piss in your Cheerios.

Now if I can just remember this everyday there just may be hope for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment